Sunnah of Wiping ones socks and Khuff – Sunday 25th Dec. 2011
Khuff is the leather socks.
It is affirmed in the Sunnah that the Prophet (Salla Allaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) used to wipe over the Khuff.
Conditions of wiping:
- Putting the socks on while having valid Wudu’.
- To be pure from any impurities.
- Wiping them should only be in minor impurities.
- To wipe them for one day and night for the resident and 3 nights for a traveler.
The time period for wiping:
- Start from the first wiping after nullification of Wudu’ and not from the time of wearing the socks and ends 24 hours for the resident.
- If the timed period for wiping ended and the person was pure (his Wudu’ is not nullified) but only the wiping is nullified.
Description of wiping:
To soak the hands with water and starting from the toes, drawing it up to the calf of the leg, wiping with spread fingers.